Bill Gates reads one book a week and Warren Buffett spends 80% of his day reading. With the world’s most successful entrepreneurs regularly reading books, it will come as no surprise that the top Amazon FBA sellers are also avid readers.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a veteran seller or the new kid on the block, there are things we can all learn from others, especially on the ever-changing selling platform that is Amazon.
As Charlie Munger said, “go to bed every night a little wiser than you were when you got up”.
To earn more, you’ve got to learn more so here is our compilation of the best books for Amazon FBA sellers, full of insider hacks and tips to help you run your Amazon business better.
1. The Reseller’s Guide to a Year in FBA
Author: Stephen Smotherman
The Reseller’s Guide to a Year in FBA is essential reading for Amazon sellers looking to grow in 2020
Stephen is an expert seller and in his book, he covers what you should be doing each month to be a successful Amazon seller.
Across 240+ pages, you get everything you need to know about what type of items to source for, holidays to prepare for, sales to take advantage of, important deadlines, and the top resources that will help you become an expert in many aspects of online reselling…. and more!
The 2020 edition is $127 (or $10.58 per chapter) and can be purchased using the link below. With that, you’ll get access to the updated versions each year.
Want to get a flavour for what it’s all about?
Then check out the February chapter which Stephen has kindly let us publish on our blog.
2. Amazon Selling Blueprint: How to Find and Launch Your First Private-Label Product on Amazon in 90 Days or Less
Author: Scott Voelker
There are a lot of Kindle books about selling on Amazon — most of them are pretty basic but not this one.
In the Amazon Selling Blueprint, you’ll learn the ins and outs of private label selling on Amazon.
Voelker explains in easy to understand language how to choose a product, getting it made, optimising your listing, launching your product and advertising.
He also reveals the exact steps he took to choose and launch his first private-label product which generated over $118,000 in less than 6 months and the real-life case study of one Amazing Seller member who turned an initial $500 investment into $1,000 profit in about 60 days.
As a special bonus, you’ll get access to a free online course to help you launch your first private label product on Amazon.
Scott also has an awesome YouTube channel with over 25k subscribers.
3. Arbitrage: The authoritative guide on how it works, why it works, and how it can work for you
Author: Chris Green
Arbitrage is one of the top-selling books on how to sell on Amazon and a great book for new sellers looking to succeed on FBA.
Author Chris Green started doing retail arbitrage in 1999 on eBay, so needless to say that he has the street cred to use the phrase “authoritative guide.”
With this book, you’ll understand the economics behind arbitrage, get specific tool and process recommendations and know how to find quality inventory nearly guaranteed to sell.
It’s also packed with useful information for experienced sellers including how to set your Amazon prices.
Some of the information can be obtained from blogs and FBA podcasts but it’s nice to have it all together in one book.
4. Product Research 101: Find Winning Products to Sell on Amazon and Beyond
Author: Renae Clark
This book is aimed at new or struggling sellers looking to source wholesale or private label products.
Product Research 101 details the process of generating product ideas, identifying trends, verifying demand, sourcing from the right suppliers, calculating profit margins and testing the market.
What you’ll learn in this book:
- Basic steps for finding top selling products
- How to generate product ideas and look for trends
- How to validate demand
- Tips for finding suppliers
- Analysing data to help you pick a product
This is not a book for experienced sellers or those wishing to do arbitrage.
5. 11 Ways to be a Successful Amazon Seller
Author: RepricerExpress plus contributors
In this free ebook, you’ll discover the most important aspects of selling on Amazon from sourcing goods and pricing them to submitting your sales tax.
What you’ll learn in this free ebook:
- How to win the Amazon Buy Box.
- How to get more product reviews legally.
- How to rank well on Amazon.
- How to find profitable inventory.
- And much more…
6. Dropshipping E-Commerce Business Model 2020: A Step-by-Step Guide with the Latest Techniques…
Author: Phil Ortiz
Dropshippers play the role of intermediary, facilitating the order process for your customers without actually handling any inventory. By using dropshipping tools, you will be able to automate your business so that your store can run itself and make money for you with little to no effort from your end.
What you’ll learn in this book:
- The budget you will need to start a dropshipping business.
- How to find the best niches and the winning products to sell.
- The order fulfilment process.
- How to main supplier relations.
- How to optimise your online store.
- How to create a strong and long-lasting brand for your dropshipping business
Best Ecommerce Books for Leaders
According to Shopify, these are the ten books ecommerce leaders should be reading.
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike by Phil Knight
- The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Harari
- Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World by Adam Grant
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- Creativity Inc. by Ed Catmull
- Competing Against Luck by Clayton M. Christensen
- The Best Service is No Service by Bill Price and David Jaffe
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
We hope this collection of our favourite Amazon seller books will be an inspiration to you and your FBA business. We strongly believe that gaining knowledge is the key to being successful. Reading will make you a better Amazon seller who makes fewer mistakes and better decisions faster.
In order for learning to be effective, sellers should adopt an active reading strategy which includes evaluating material, taking notes and asking questions. When this is applied books can become mentors.
We understand that you may not have the time and money at the moment to invest in books. To help you, we created a great free resources section full of useful information for Amazon sellers.