What to Look for in Amazon Repricing Software
Your Sellers’ Guide to Finding the Right Solution For Your Business
As more and more Amazon sellers turn to repricing software to help win the Buy Box more often, the number of repricing software options available to them becomes ever more confusing. To help make the right choice when comparing various options, you’ll need to know what to look for in your ideal solution.
The Right Repricing Software
The right choice will help you boost sales, increase your profits, and keep you competitive by constantly analysing your chosen Amazon marketplaces and adjusting your prices accordingly, but within your own rules and pricing limits (floor and ceiling).
The wrong choice can often be costly—both in terms of time it takes to set up the software and in the pricing adjustments it makes
(if you haven’t set your rules and min/max values correctly).
Before you decide on a software solution, you need to know what your own needs are…
Evaluate Your Repricing Software Needs
- How many items/SKUs do you actively sell or have in stock? Can the solution handle large inventory lists and reprice quickly and at a high frequency?
- Do you need automatic and manual price checking? You may want to auto reprice the bulk of your inventory but have the option to fine tune on a product-by-product basis some items’ pricing. If that’s the case, you need to make sure your software solution offers that flexibility to filter and quickly apply rules in bulk, batches or individually.
- What type of products does your business sell? Do you sell a lot of similarly priced items or perhaps your business sells a lot of one-off type items? Have you access to a steady supply of inventory (you can’t win the Buy Box on Amazon if your items are out of stock. Maybe you sell a bit of everything! Whatever your business—ensure your repricing software fits your needs—some may be better than others for bulk editing large batches of inventory as opposed to numbers of completely unrelated stock.
- How many Amazon marketplaces do you sell on or plan to sell on? If the answer is more than one, then look for an all-in-one-solution so you can handle all your listings from one repricing solution.
- What’s a solution worth to you? All businesses are different in size, turnover, profit margins—so it’s important to know what your business is prepared to pay for the right Amazon repricing software. A good solution will save you time and money, and increase your sales and profits, so bear this in mind when you decide what that $50 or £50 is contributing to your business’s bottom line each and every month. And if it isn’t working out, you should be able to cancel your account at any time—great companies know people use their software because it adds value—not because its users are locked into long term contracts!
- What time and IT resources does your business devote to price checking? Do you have a fast Internet connection that allows you to be online everyday? Do you use Windows or Apple Mac computers, or a mix of both? How many employees need to access your repricing software and how often? Is a cloud-based repricing solution that works across all browsers the best fit for your organisation?
Questions to Ask
- Is there a trial available that gives me access to all the features? Before you decide on one solution over another, you’ll likely trial a few that look promising. Just make sure you can access all the software’s features during the trial and aren’t limited in any way. Also make sure you can actively price check without affecting your live listings—it is important for you to have the peace of mind that your inventory on Amazon isn’t being affected whilst you try out different pricing rules and min/max values.
- Is setup simple and fast? If you’re going to trial software, it’s important that you can get your inventory from Amazon into the software easily and with the minimum of fuss.
- What platform(s) does the repricing software run on? Is it cloud based, running directly from any modern browser on either a PC or Mac? Or does it run on your desktop in Windows or Apple Mac computers? Can multiple users access the solution concurrently?
- How much does it cost? Is there a flat monthly charge or are you charged based on monthly sales, active SKUs repricing, number of repricing engines used? Do costs include VAT and what currency are you paying in? Are there any ongoing costs that can arise? Are you tied to a fixed term contract or are you free to cancel at any time?
- What support is available? Are there useful help resources available during your trial and ongoing thereafter? Are support staff super knowledgable about Amazon repricing and can they help you in a timely manner?
Amazon Repricing Questions
- Is there a default minimum price set? A minimum value is what ensures your repricing software doesn’t lose you money. Is there a default value calculated on setup or do you set this independently?.
- How basic or advanced are the repricing rules? Can a novice user choose basic defaults to quickly get started? What options are available to fine tune pricing rules? Can you factor in the condition of items?
- Integration? Does the software integrate easily with your existing workflow and existing systems? Is it the best repricer on the market, or does it attempt to do many functions?
- FBA? More and more sellers are choosing FBA because of its higher ranking for winning the Buy Box. Can you compete with FBA only?
- The Buy Box? Winning the buy box is a key to selling (and profiting) on Amazon. Does the software you’re looking at have options that let you specifically compete for the buy box?
- Repricing frequency and speed? How many SKUs can be repriced per hour? What options are available to boost repricing frequency on large inventory lists or lists that are pricing across multiple marketplaces? Will the software let you know if your pricing speed is not optimal?
- Repricing performance and use? Is it easy to gauge your repricing statuses easily from your software? Can you quickly filter and adjust prices online or offline from a spreadsheet application?