Factors for the Buy Box
- Featured Merchant Status — How trustworthy you are based on past account history.
- Price — Your low total price including shipping.
- Availability — Can you quickly and consistently fulfil orders?
- Volume — Do you consistently sell many of the product?
- Refunds — Have you a low refund rate?
- Customer Feedback — Do you have low negative feedback?
- A to Z Guarantee Claims — How often do you get returns (Low A to Z claims)?
- Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) — if you choose Amazon to fulfil your orders then Amazon will heavily promote its FBA sellers and only substantial price differences will push FBA sold merchandise out of the Buy Box.
So what if you exceed Amazon’s standards, run your business with amazing customer service, offer great prices, but still find the Buy Box elusive? Well, with all things being equal, it’s likely your competitors are doing the very same thing so you need to get a competitive edge…