Amazon Posts is a new browse and discovery experience on Amazon focused on brand-shopping. Posts help shoppers discover new products and see what’s new from brands by browsing feeds of brand-curated content.
Posts link to product detail pages, making each post in a feed shoppable, and each post includes category tags so shoppers can continue exploring posts in related categories.
Image credit: Amazon
Why Should You Participate?
- You can use Amazon Posts to differentiate your brand. You can use it to publish the existing brand and product content that you’re already sharing on social media.
- You can get access to a wide range of engagement metrics, including views, clicks, and clickthrough rates.
- It’s currently free to participate in.
How Does Amazon Posts Work?
- Discovery – Carousels for participating brands can be found on detail pages for their products, and related products. Tapping on a post takes shoppers into a feed.
- Browsing – Customers can continue to browse feeds of related posts, and pivot to browse feeds of posts for products in related categories.
- Shopping – Posts are instantly shoppable, shoppers simply tap “show products” to learn more and visit the product detail page.
How Often Should You Post?
Amazon encourages brands to post as often as they would on other social media platforms.
What Type of Content Should You Post?
Amazon states that posts should generally be focused on product and brand content but brands should feel free to experiment with different types of content to see what resonates well with their customers.
Where Will Your Posts Be Shown?
Posts can be accessed on participating brands detail pages, detail pages for related brands, feeds for related posts, and category-based feeds.
Amazon Post Example
- A: Profile banner. Displays the name and logo of the brand.
- B: Custom image. Brand-provided images demonstrate product features and help brands tell their story on Amazon.
- C: “Show product” icon. Tapping on this link will hide or reveal a product card that shows details like price, star rating, and Prime eligibility for the product featured in the post.
- D: Caption text. Custom captions help brands highlight product features, emphasize branding, and communicate a call to action.
- E: Category tags. Amazon will auto-tag your posts with relevant product categories. Tapping on a category tag takes shoppers into a vertical feed of posts relevant to that category.
How to Get Started?
To participate in Amazon Posts beta you need to be a vendor or a seller enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry and have a US Store.
- Visit posts.amazon.com and sign-in using your advertising console credentials.
- Create your profile by verifying your brand name and uploading your brand’s logo.
- Start creating posts by uploading images, writing captions, and tagging related products.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose where my posts will be displayed?
Our systems will automatically place your posts in relevant feeds and on detail pages for your products and related products. There is no need for you to specify where your posts will be displayed.
How can I grant my social media team permission to publish posts for my brand?
You can grant permissions to new users from the User Management section of the Advertising Console (for vendors) or in the Manage Permissions section of Seller Central (for sellers). These users will inherit the ability to create posts for your brand. Once a user has accepted your invitation, they will be able to log-in and create posts for your brand at https://posts.amazon.com/.
How many posts can I create?
There is no limit to the number of posts you can create. We will display your posts in feeds and on detail pages based on relevance and customer engagement. We encourage brands to upload content with the same frequency they do on social media.
How can I measure the performance of my Posts?
You can review metrics for viewable impressions, clicks, and clickthrough rates for each of your posts from https://posts.amazon.com/
I tried to navigate to Posts and it didn’t work, what can I do to get started?
- Posts is available to vendors and sellers which are enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry in the US, so please check to see whether your brand’s Store is associated with your brand’s Advertising Console (vendor) or Seller Central (seller) account.
- You may not have access to the account that is associated with your brand’s Store. If you don’t have access, you can request an invite from your account admin.
Vendors: Invite user in the User Management section in the Advertising Console
Sellers: Add ‘View and Edit’ permission in the Manage Permissions section in Seller Central
- If you receive a message that your brand’s byline on detail pages is not linked to your store, please reach out to your Amazon Advertising point of contact, or email us at [email protected]
Source: Amazon Advertising