With the holiday season on the horizon, we have put together this post to help Amazon sellers get ready for the busiest time of the year. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail; FBA sellers should ensure that they have their inventory with Amazon by early November ahead of Black Friday and the holiday season as a whole.
Here are our tips for selling on Amazon this holiday season!
Save the Date
Usually, the last day for free Super Saver Delivery is mid-December with a last minute rush predicted. Remember, stock will need to be replenished before the January sales. This is also the month where there will be a large number of returns and exchange requests from customers.
If you’re a FBA seller, here’s a few reminders from Amazon Europe Services.
- FBA items compete for the Buy Box and many items qualify for free shipping.
- Amazon will handle customer service including returns to make your life easier.
- Amazon will communicate with sellers what date they need to order to ensure they receive their gifts in time for Christmas.
- Many FBA products are eligible for gift wrap services.
Royal Mail has also put together a list of important last Christmas posting dates for UK sellers.
- Tuesday 18 December – 2nd Class and Royal Mail Signed For
- Thursday 20 December – 1st Class, Royal Mail Signed For and Royal Mail Tracked 48
- Friday 21 December – Royal Mail Tracked 24
- Saturday 22 December – Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed
If you want to optimise profits over the holiday season, it’s important you stay in stock. Review what products were popular last year to help guide you. Amazon allows sellers to set up automated replenishment alerts which could come in handy.
There is also a manage inventory page which includes a streamlined interface, faster navigation and thumbnails of each ASIN.
When Do Shoppers Buy?
To help you manage and prepare, have a look at this groovy infographic which looks at US shopping habits. This illustrates that December is actually the busiest shopping period when many unprepared shoppers, including myself, log-on and stock up on presents.
You will find more statistics at Statista