Amazon continues to attract budding entrepreneurs to its hugely successful marketplace for online selling with more than 2.8 million active Amazon third-party sellers, companies and individuals who sell their items alongside Amazon’s own inventory and turn over billions of dollars in sales in the process.
What’s staggering is the breadth and diversity of companies now selling successfully on the world’s favourite marketplace. Popular Amazon selling product categories range from health-related stores to children’s toys and aides, to bedding and novelty golfing products.
Amazon Seller Success Stories
Amazon seller success stories provide inspiration for us all; here are some of our favourites:
- The Clymb is a members-based seller of premium outdoor brands and experience that was founded in 2009. The business was able to increase their conversion rate by 10% by adding Amazon Payments. The benefits included “25% of all order being placed Amazon payments” which resulted in zero bad debt.
- YogaRat, sells coloured mats and yoga accessories and owner Wendell Morris says selling on Amazon has helped move YogaRat to a new level “without a lot of effort or investment”. Wendell also talks about the importance of having the right.
- Biomax has grown by global selling their pain and inflammation-relief product, Penetrex, through Fulfilment by Amazon. Founder, Robert Farb, tells of how he has discovered the “sweet spot of online selling” and feels customer reviews and word of mouth has been fundamental to the success of the business.
- Sheridyn Swimwear unsurprisingly sells swimwear and through Amazon’s Multi-Channel Fulfilment and Global Selling Services, they are able to sell to multiple channels in the United States, Europe and Australia. Sheridyn Swimwear experienced a 50-60% increase in sales when they moved to Amazon FBA.
- Jukebox Online, used Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) to sell CDs online. Brandon, a former chemical engineer, enjoyed the flexibility selling on Amazon and being able to spend more time with his family.
And, here are five more to inspire you.
- Bakto Flavors owner, Daphna Havkin-Frenkel is a scientist who creates natural vanilla products. Daphna sells products through Amazon and found success by offering free shipping, “People like to get free shipping, and that’s when we began really growing”. Amazon is now Daphna’s preferred sales channel for two main reasons: ease of processing orders and its customer service.
- RLT Industries sells model catapults in a niche market through Amazon which accounts for half of the business’ sales. Owner, Ron Tom experienced a dip in sales through the recession and came close to going out of business. Ron sells to physics, history and science students amongst others.
- Nefitco uses Amazon to sell exercise equipment online and remove some of the hurdles to success. Owner Hal Lier started Nefitco 25 years ago in Vermont. His first order was a customer buying weight-lifting gloves. Hal states, “If you want to make social connections you go to Facebook. If you want to buy something, you go to Amazon”.
- Fat Brain uses Amazon FBA to sell a range of products which he sources at a discounted value. Owner, David Abeles then sells these products online which returns a healthy profit.
- Doublju is a South Korea based seller specialising in clothing and accessories for both men and women. The company uses Amazon FBA to cut shipping costs and times and sell to customers all around the world.
RepricerExpress Success Stories
Check out Kev Blackburn’s story of how he achieved a record £60,000 in sales revenue in just 30 days with a helping hand from his chosen Amazon repricer RepricerExpress.
Another long-standing RepricerExpress customer and very successful Amazon seller is Rarewaves who sell CDs, DVDs, books, video games and more on the marketplace. Check out their success story on Amazon and this interview with Tamebay talking about their ecommerce operations.
Finally, check out Brandan and Izaak’s story of how they sold £42,000 in a month on Amazon.co.uk at the age of just 20. Their story of growth is incredible and a source of inspiration for young entrepreneurs starting out on their Amazon selling journey.
So there you have it, we hope you have enjoyed our round-up of Amazon success stories and gained some inspiration. There are many reasons for sellers to follow suit.
With over 179 million unique monthly visitors, Amazon sellers can expect to see their sales increase by 50% on average, according to one Amazon executive. The chance of repeat business once you have acquired the customer is also a big advantage.
When looking for common traits among these successful Amazon entrepreneurs, we can see the obvious determination to succeed plays a major role, but as importantly, there is a realisation that Amazon’s platform can help them increase their sales. They fully embrace the technologies available to them and relish the challenge of creating their own brand. Their stories are an inspiration for any seller on Amazon, and we intend to bring you more inspiration and stories soon.
Finally, the marketplace infrastructure including FBA creates a seamless shopping experience for buyers. If you are an Amazon seller, then one tip from us is to ensure you are priced competitively and profitably… Our RepricerExpress 15-day free-trial can help you do just that.